Hot New Books
- The Buried Giant, by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce
- Leaving Berlin, by Joseph Kanon
- The African Equation, by Yasmina Khadra
- Endangered, by C.J. Box
- A Dangerous Place, by Jacqueline Winspear
- All the Old Knives, by Olen Steinhauer
- Mambo in Chinatown, by Jean Kwok
- Dead Wake, by Erik Larson
- The Teenage Brain, by Frances Jensen
New Popular DVDs
- Open Sesame, the Story of Seeds
- Outlander, Season One
- Olive Kittredge
- The Theory of Everything
Hot New Children's Books
- Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt, by Kate Messner
- Findus Disappears! by Sven Nordqvist
- Nightbird, by Alice Hoffman
- Beneath the SUn, by Melissa Stewart
- The ABCs of Yoga for Kids, by Teresa Anne Power
- Wolfie the Bunny, by Ame Dyckman
Suggest a title you'd like the library to aquire.
Make Your Suggestion...
THE NOBLE SPORT: FALCONRY TUESDAY, JULY 26TH 4-5PM.
Have you ever seen a hawk soar through the air, only to land on a person’s fist? If you’ve ever wondered how this is possible, join us and VINS for a family-friendly adventure. We will explore the 4,000 yr. old relationship of bird and human. Learn how falconers train their birds of prey, and meet 3 live raptors up close.
NEW LIFE FOR OLD BOOKS Friday, July 29 4:00PM
Join artist and librarian Princess Van Gulden in this hands on book repurposing workshop. Participants will choose an old book and rebind
it to create a blank book for note taking, sketching, journaling, or that
novel you have been waiting to write.
ORIENTEERING TUESDAY, AUGUST 2ND 4-5:30PM with Kestrel Owens.
Learn how to use a map and compass to find “treasures throughout the landscape. Kestrel will teach us how to read the map symbols and use a compass to search for orange and white controls that have been placed in forest, town and field. Compasses provided but if you have one bring it along. Be prepared to move through the woods and on trails, please dress appropriately. This exciting adventure uses your brain while being physical.
DOROTHY CANFIELD FISHER BOOK DISCUSSION
FRIDAY AUGUST 5TH AT 12:30.
Share your favorite books from the current DCF list and enjoy excerpts read aloud from guest readers. PIZZA PROVIDED.
SUMMER READER’S-ICE CREAM SOCIAL TUESDAY, AUGUST 9TH 4-5PM.
Bring your reading logs if you have them. Share with friends and fellow readers all the great things about your summer reading adventures. Free books for every child, and ice cream for all!
Library Nationally Recognized As America's Star Libraries
The Craftsbury Public Library is one of 3 libraries in the state
to be given the rank of Five Star Library. The November 2011 issue
of Library Journal features an article on the new Index of Public
The LJ Index rates U.S. public libraries with total expenditures of $10,000 or more which serve populations of at least 1000. Ratings are based on four per-capita service indicators:
- library visits
- program attendance
- public Internet computer use